Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Flash! Wargame House Rules coming up!

Hey guys and gals, just a quick update here.  Sometime in the next week, I'll be starting a new chapter of my Flash! houserules dealing specifically with larger games of Heavy Gear (1000TV+).  So far, my variant rules have dealt with making the game quicker and more fun on a smaller skirmish scale but the next few posts will deal with doing the same on a larger one.  Some of the ultimate freedom inherent in Blitz will fall by the wayside but that same infinite selection of choices is a large part of the slowdown commonplace in larger games.  The upcoming wargame rules will use standard Blitz squad formations instead of the skirmish specific Fire Teams in my Flash rules but will streamline some of the mass combat rules and options for quicker and (hopefully) more fun large scale games.  I've had the ideas stirring for quite a few months and look forward to some feedback on how they play.

On the hobby side, I've recently picked up a painted Northern army as my OpFor in demo games.  They're not unfortunately ready for close up pics though as the padding/packing on the army was suboptimal to say the least.  Over 40 individual parts broke and another 5 bits were just missing.  On the plus side, the seller was very good with communication and quite the gentleman in making amends which made up for most of the frustration of getting a box of loose bits instead of a completed army.  I've got some unexpected hobby work to do with the force but I hope to put up an Interpolar War battle report complete with pics after the wargame houserules are published.

Finally, it was brought to my attention by a fellow blogger that it's difficult to sign up to follow the blog so I've connected the blog to Google Plus and added the follower widget to the site (as well as RSS links).  Just click on the widget and choose the "follower" circle if you'd like to go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment