Just a quick update on my Riptide as well as a few ideas on what is to come for the blog. I've had no luck getting the shoulder bits that I need for my Tau Riptide/Y'Vahra conversion but I have at least tested the plastic and primed the model. I was initially afraid that the plastic wouldn't react well to the spray primer/base coat like with my Heavy Gear Votom Gashapon models but luckily that wasn't the case either with the test pieces nor the actual model. I'm still planning on getting back to it as soon as I get the parts that I (hopefully if they fit!) need. I'm a bit hesitant to fully start painting it though so I've moved onto other things on my waiting list.
I've had a bit of a resurgence of interest in my Robotech RPG Tactics models (or RRPGT or Tactics for short!) and have been planning out how to assemble them. I downloaded the much improved construction guides that Palladium put out on drivethrurpg and they're a big help. With only a single Battlecry pledge to my name, I don't have the luxury of experimenting too much with the models via conversions but I do plan on assembling a veritech squadron and some battlepods to fight it out on my cityscape terrain. The rules as written are very streamlined and fast being meant for larger scale battles than my planned collection will be able to do justice. After I get wave 2, I'll likely only have aobut 450pts per side with the minimum the rules recommend being 300pts for a standard game. Without wave 2 (my current situation), I have to depend on special characters to get to the minimum game size of 300pts.
There was supposed to be a set of full skirmish rules in the game but they apparently ended up on the cutting room floor and were replaced with a page of introductory scenarios instead for new players. My idea is to create my own skirmish rules like I did with the Heavy Gear Flash! set that I started this blog with. Unlike with HG, the Robotech rules (with some caveats) do generally work with the scale of battle that they were developed for so my goal is to expand on them within the existing framework to work better at a model count smaller than intended. I hope to have the update post for these houserules that details the both the goals and changes more concretely ready by the end of the week. As stated earlier, I'm not rewriting large portions of the rules so I hopefully will be able to detail the house rules in just a couple of posts. I encourage folks to leave comments on the future posts as I do plan on editing the house rules depending on how the reception is.