Monday, January 15, 2018

Winged Hussar Jump Lt done! 54mm Inquisitor scale preview


Sorry about the long break but I've been away from the blogosphere over the holidays and have some catching up to do!  With the extended weekend, I finished my second attempt at this particular primaris (jump) lieutenant.  I prefer the gold accents/aquilla moreso than the white as long as there is some white on the torso to balance it all out (like with the purity seals).   I won't be repainting the infantry version of him though.  I also managed to acquire some old bits on the secondary market that get me one step closer to my initial idea for this project, the 54mm Inquisitor Scale Hussar.  Now I just need to acquire a 54mm sabre!  It'll probably be a while before I start working on this next model both because of the bits as well as having a space wolf on the way that I'd like to paint up first.
 

I commented elsewhere that my preference for the paint schemes in person if quite different than in the flash macro photography.  I got some advice that the white balance might be the issue so I took some additional pictures with different backgrounds to see if that changed how I view the models side by side.  I'm not sure if changing the background affected the visualization of details on one model more than the others although it did reduce the glare somewhat. 

3 comments:

  1. White balance is a temperature thing that you adjust using a program that allows one to manipulate colour.

    However, you need to save your pictures on the camera in RAW or TIFF, not JPEG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't recall seeing an option for non-jpeg regardless of quality/resolution but I'll see if it's deeper in the menus. It's a 5+ year old entry level casual consumer camera so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. It is beatifull this the true Polish Power.

    ReplyDelete